WATER Poster

 

Hi. I'm B.R, I am a freshman, and recently my class and I attended the Chicago Riverwalk for an action project on WATER and SDG's (Sustainable Development Goals). We were told to observe the ways in which people and things interact with water. When it was time to share what we observed, many of our answers were of similarity: Some people used water as a source of entertainment, whereas others may ignore water. Many people, including my classmates, stopped to enjoy the scenery, but on another note, many would simply pass by. We watched a video about a poverty-stricken area in Africa. Many children fell ill and even died due to the contaminated water they and their families collected. As a result, many of the children missed out on school and fell behind their classmates in the process. On other accounts, if they weren't sick, they still were not able to attend school because they were at home helping to carry the unsanitary water home.


For another portion of our project, we were required to pick the SDG's, water or education and create either a protest or promotion poster. I chose to do water and education and talk about their relation to each other. My poster states "The path to education starts with water." Water is one of the many roots of life and in specifics to the children I mentioned before, it is a root of their educational background. Without the clean, filtered water so many people are advantaged to have, they are left ill, dying, and unable to participate in classes with other students. Clean Water - Our World in Data, tells us that these kids are only a small fraction of the 1.2 million people left with unsafe water sources.


With that being said, water and education should always be a priority. I'm very interested in what is to come in future lessons, this has been an exciting experience for me and hopefully my classmates as well.



Sources:

THE 17 GOALS | Sustainable Development (un.org)

Clean Water - Our World in Data

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Gaurdiana, Muñeca Pitapena

Dear B, B, and B

B-L-A-N-K