Dear B, B, and B

When writing a letter to myself, I felt it would be simple. Yet, I was stuck in writer's block. I felt that writing my speech would help me formulate ideas. For our final Action Project of the year, we were to create a capstone. This project was inspired by our seniors--they ended the year with a full highschool reflection! Presenting was very vunerable and emotional. Below is my Letter: A Letter to Us Dear Brooklyn of 2022, It’s been a whole school year! It feels like you’d just started school not even a few months ago. This letter has been difficult to write, as I’m unsure where to start. I guess I could start with the why; why am I writing this letter? For my last AP of the school year, I, along with my classmates, were assigned to create capstones. To put it plainly, a capstone is a project where you reflect on your growth in one or many different areas. The question I was tasked to answer was “How have you grown within GCE’s core values?” I felt the most appropriate way to answer this question would be thinking about you and writing to you because you can never really see the progress you’ve made until you take a look back and see just how far you’ve come. Although we’ve always had a love-hate relationship, I owe credit for who I am today, to you. As many of my peers could agree, there has been an immense presentation of growth from both you and I. This has been done through works in the community, real world experiences, and your gradual becoming of a global citizen. I remember the first day of school, you were beyond nervous. I remember you rushing to the boat-couch because there was a large space open and available You knew two people going into GCE, it gave you a sense of relief and took some weight off of the tons applied to your shoulders. You have made it so far through out the year. Building on companionship, mental health, and self awareness. I am beyond proud of how far we’ve come and can’t wait to see where we’re headed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Gaurdiana, Muñeca Pitapena

B-L-A-N-K