Battery, I Command You--Create ENERGY!





    Hello everyone! I'm B.R!

    Today, I'd like to talk to you about my STEAM class called Energy. For our AP we were to create a battery using things in our homes! We were to conduct an experiement by testing the different energy between our original batteries and a distilled water battery. Below is Will's Scientific Method and my process!


Will's Scientific Method:

(1) Question: Will my battery have enough energy to create power?

(2) Hypothesis: My (original) battery will hold more energy than the battery containing distilled water.

(3) Material: 

                Paper Plate
                Paper Bowl
                Aluminum Foil 
                Green Tea
                Gatorade

(4) Procedure:
                a. I poured both green tea and gatorade on a paper plate mixing them, then placing a nickel and penny in the liquid (ensuring the top of the coins are dry).
                b. I then took the electricity measurer and placed it near the sides of the coins after allowing them to sit in the liquid.
                c. Next, I recorded the amount of electricity the coins and liquid produced (-0.001). *Displayed below.*


            d. I repeated this process substituting my original liquid with distilled water. *Results displayed below*



(5) Results and Further Questions:

My original battery was more effective and housed more energy than the distilled water battery. I wonder if the positioning of the cords on the electricity measurer were significant. Would it have been more effective if I'd used a more acidic liquid?

I truly enjoyed this AP; it was interesting seeing the different energy levels amongst my classmates and getting to see how easy it can be to create energy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mi Gaurdiana, Muñeca Pitapena

Dear B, B, and B

B-L-A-N-K